martes, 30 de julio de 2013

My Göttingen

So here I am. Today is my last full day in Göttingen. It's over. Almost a whole year is about to come to an end. It is weird how sometimes I feel like I have been living in this place for years and others, specially these past days, I see Göttingen with the eyes of a stranger. I just can not believe all I have experienced in this town, all the moments, the people, the food, the parties, the trips, the streets, the smells. 

This blog was born with the intention of creating a bond between me and the city I was feeling still a bit uncomfortable about. I knew from the start I would love Göttingen, and this year was all about that, creating a life of my own in this little town lost in the German countryside. The goal of the blog has been achieved, I will spent the following days, and months, and possibly the rest of my life missing Göttingen. It should be this way. I am not experiencing anything new to humankind anyway, great experiences come to an end, and it hurts big time. 

I wish I could write a love letter to the city and every little thing connected to it, but I do not know how to do that. The best love letter I can come up with will be written by the salty tears in my eyes which will come every now and then, or by the smiles when I think of all the great people I met, or by the taste I will try to recreate of all those cakes and Hallumi tasche and Fellini's pizzas I so much will miss, or by the complaints and unfair comparisons I will make about Barcelona (sorry Barcelona, you will have to deal with all my shit). 

Fact is, this city was more than perfect, it encouraged me to seek for change in myself, it gave me new perspectives on life, it offered new things to value and treasure, it provived some of the best little adventures I will always remember and allowed me to meet great people I will dearly miss. 

Göttingen, you rocked my world and I will always be thankful for that. 

You were my first big love and I will always miss you. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario